18 September 2009

A Visit To The Governent Hospital

As I told you guys before, I was not feeling well, so I went to a government hospital to get medicine. It is not surprising that people flock to government hospital whenever they are sick because it is cheap. But one must bear in mind that the waiting period is very long.

During my waiting, one of the patients fainted in one of the check up rooms. So, the other patients, who were outside the rooms, were busy looking on. To my surprise, some patients were not sympathetic. They even cursed the fainted woman for causing more delay to other patients (I wonder why did they curse her? It is not that she wanted to pass out) And probably other patients were angry due to the long waiting hours and the humid condition. Gee... where's their humanity.

(other patients were looking into the room - looking at the fainted woman but not doing anything)

Well guys,

I think our government has been good to us because they subsidized our medical bills up to 99%. We only pay RM1 for hospital service unlike in most developed countries, they have to pay 100% for the medical bills. And yet still Malaysians complain "slow service", "too crowded", "not enough chair to sit" bla bla bla and the list goes on...
(An old woman had to sit on the floor while waiting for her turn)

I think instead of complaining, there are good things we can do to make the visit to hospital pleasant.

1. Always come on your appointment date.
2. Give your seats to older people to sit or probably exchange your call numbers.
3. Bring something for yourself to read while waiting or bring a laptop to play games.
4. Because you know that your number is going to be long, go out for a drink first.

Whalla! I did that and I didn't find going to hospital is hard.

What do you think?

29 Messages:

Unknown said...

firstly, thanks! for this.. I'm tired of ppl commenting about govt polyclinics and/or govt hospitals. Sometimes our Ministry can't do really much since we don't have that much subsidiaries for facilities or whatsoever.

It's actually not that bad to wait during any long queue. Just carry along something to help you anticipate i.e iPod (or as per what you've mentioned in this entry), it's not really that bad...

Borneo Falcon said...

Have not use government hospital for a very long time. The waiting there is killing me

elcynthia 엘신티아 said...

I only visit the gov hospital for my child check-up... after I get my number, I then go minum.. or bring son to the playground nearby. agak2 your turn, come back (just make sure u dont miss it or the nurse will scold you). hahaha...

about the lack numbers of chairs.. please lah... you know SOME people who sit on the chairs is/are just accompanying others. what made me angry most of the time is that they dont give he seat to others who need to sit more than they do! pretended to NOT see others lagik. I propose that chairs provided should be made out of LONGGGGGGG benches... like in the kampung. then can squeeze in a lot. how? can or not? hehehe

Willie a.k.a Reptoz said...

DeeLoner > I know and I understand. My mum is a nurse in that hospital and my dad is a pharmacist in that hospital too. Hahaha

BorneoFalcon > Yes. That's why we need to think of a way to kill that waiting time.

ElCynthia > Hahaha...we should tolerate with those who are old and very sick. Those accompanying them could just stand right?

cherie said...

you are wonderful, willie! this is a must-read for everyone, not only Malaysians!

Unknown said...

I really agree with you. Human attitued need to change for better living world. Hope by this post, peoples will realize how to value humanity instead of 'cursing'.. nice post!

designationjazz said...

Ya I agree w/ u bro... nowadays people are buzy w/ their own matters and pay less attention towards others..

foongpc said...

Honestly, I don't like waiting or queuing, but if it's only RM1 what's there to complain right?

It's just like I complain when the food I ordered is not what I expected it to be, but if the food given is a complimentary from the restaurant, should I complain?

Anonymous said...

no comment...i use to lepak somewhere when my quee is still long...

cyrildason said...

With such a small fee, I think people should be more patient when they go to Gov hospitals. If they want quick service, then go to the private clinic.

♥ little devil on your shoulder ♥ said...

hi sir!
my mom is a frequent visitor to one of the polyclinic near our residence. regarding ur recommendations, here are what i always experience everytime i accompany her to the clinic.

1. my mum never fails to turn up on her appointment dates n still she has to wait for hours.
2. older ppl are odi seated, but seats are still not ample.
3. if i'm a visitor,i dun think i wanna read/use a laptop when i'm sick. plus, seats are x enuff. hehehe..
4. when we come back after a drink, the turn is either still very loooong or it's already being called.

hehehehehe.. just sharing ya, no offense. ;p

Ivy Metaga said...

ya lah..ada baik ada kelemahannya...

Marlene said...

This is the normal scenario of the hospitals in the world. Government hospitals can't accomodate everybody at once, the fact that we have to accept.

The woman maybe forgot her breakfast before heading to the hospital, hehee.

I think you forgot one thing: Bring your camera, too, to amuse yourself of the different positions people make while waiting for their turn. You did bring your camera. :-)

LifeRamblings said...

i wish you a speedy recovery.

Merryn said...

happi holiday wilie

dat old lady happily smiling somemore sitting there waiting

rainfield61 said...

You have made the government hospital looks so good.

betchai said...

you have a wonderful government and healthcare for the people, thanks for sharing.

Icy BC said...

Whenever we have to go seeing a doctor, even on our appointment time, we still have to wait..The normal waiting time is from 25 minutes to an hour.

To kill the time and my irritation down, I usually bring a book to read..

HoneyBUZZin said...

I have not been to the government hospital for a long time...
It is sad to hear that people are not very caring anymore.
*sigh*

Black Water Edition said...

penantian satu penyeksaan bagi kmk..hehehe..overall ok lah, aku pun selalu gunakan perkhidmatan hospital govt, memuaskan..and we sure say thank to the govt and orang2 di dalam kementerian kesihatan yang sanggup bertungkus lumus 24 jam bkerja seperti di Emergency Room

mun nak bagus gi ada 5 star service or selesa gik, better gi Normah or Timberland or KPJ..

Ayie said...

i had my piece of hard time applying for my insurance policy, here you have to get insured for you to be able to use the hospitals and facilities...rare that they accept cash and if they do it's a toll on your shoulders

Ayie said...

hope you're better now

Lisa said...

Hi. Good advise.

I had an experience going to government hospital once and to me that was enough. But you are right, we should give it a chance.

ahlost said...

I'm glad I don't visit goverment.. Not because I'm rich.. just because I am quite healthy since I was a kid ;)

Willie a.k.a Reptoz said...

Hi all,

I really value your comments. Sorry for not being able to reply to your comments personally as I am still on leave and is away from the net for a while. Will be back to blogging soon by next week.

Desmond Douglas Jerukan said...

I'd say we have to feel sorry for those who have to cope with the sick everyday. Imagine if you are the one working in the hospital - the numbers of angry patients(and those accompanying) is more thanthe staff at hand so I do not think they can give good service for the RM1 we are paying. You'd be surprise in my place there would be foreigners using our hospital services which to them is top class compared to their country and they pay RM1 queuing up for our health services.

niketn123 said...

It's actually not that bad to wait during any long queue.Air Shoes
Chaussures Sports
nike tn
ed hardy clothing
tn requin
Tn Requin
NFL Jerseys
Chaussure de Sport
China Wholesale
clothing jeans
athletic shoes
Just carry along something to help you anticipate i.e iPod (or as per what you've

niketn123 said...

I really agree with you. Human attitued need to change for better living world.Air Shoes
Chaussures Sports
nike tn
ed hardy clothing
tn requin
Tn Requin
NFL Jerseys
Chaussure de Sport
China Wholesale
clothing jeans
athletic shoes
Hope by this post, peoples will realize how to value humanity instead of 'cursing'.

niketn123 said...

about the lack numbers of chairs.. please lah...Air Shoes
Chaussures Sports
nike tn
ed hardy clothing
tn requin
you know SOME people who sit on the chairs is/are just accompanying others. what made me angry most of the time is that they dont give he seat to NFL Jerseys
Chaussure de Sport
China Wholesale
clothing jeans
athletic shoes
others who need to sit more than they do! pretended to NOT see others la