18 April 2010

The Classical Feelings?

Location, location, location. Although photos can be taken at almost everywhere, I still think that a good location is an added bonus to a photo. One of my favourite locations is always old buildings or structures. I do not know exactly why, but they always give me the sentimental and classical feelings. Modern architectures are way too complicated and tall. I am not saying that they are not good and beautiful but I simply love old buildings, just like some people who love classical music and songs like Beethoven, Frank Sinatra, Elvis Presley and the Beetles. Simplicity in old buildings also attracts my attention.

Some of the blogs I read, the authors love to shoot macro objects, and beautiful landscapes . If you notice in my blog, I like to do portraiture and shooting people at old buildings. Here are some of the shots I love. I don't know about you. What do you think?



21 Messages:

Naomi said...

I am not losing to you. I am the 1st commenter too. I like the expression at the last photo. Everyone have their own expression.

I admit that it is quite hard to write a long comment. So you the winner in term of length.

Lucia ♡ said...

I love old buildings for the same reason as you too <3
and u know what else I like? Castles! Luckily we have many of them here in Slovakia ;)

Willie a.k.a Reptoz said...

GhostyNana :Usually if i read very few post at one time, be prepared to receive long comments from me. Hahaha

LingLing :If there is one place that I would like to take photo...? that will be a castle. We do not even have one here.

Pete said...

Good photos....can use for music records covers.

Anonymous said...

I like the idea of combining the old and the new. Shooting old, rundown buildings and urban decay are interesting projects.

Anonymous said...

I like the first picture, and I like old buildings as well. They have more character than the modern buildings.

mNhL said...

I'm always afraid of old building because they are always haunted if left abondon. haha...i think too much. But they do make the best photo's background. Nice work here.

Willie a.k.a Reptoz said...

Pete :uih? for which band?

MeiTeng :yeah...good idea.

BeckLee :Oh you do?

MnHL :Thanks.

Bengbeng said...

the shot in monochrome looks great.sometimes color can b distracting

fonsusz said...

pic no.1 superbly classical. bila dizoom muka 2 org tua ya mmg kacak amat. very nice B+W..... try frame kan!

cyrildason said...

I actually like candid shots like what you captured at the lst photo. Too bad, my cam.. aiihh.. u know la..

Norris Thomas said...

aku suka 1st photo...cool dalam b&w...gambar kat church ya mun b&w lagi klasik bro..kan kan?

BB' L@uRa said...

yup..i love the 1st photo...classic na juak rupa. the last shoot ya, aku suka sbb msg2 ada expressions daknya mpun :)

Willie a.k.a Reptoz said...

BengBeng :Thanks.

Fonsusz :Harga print nek tok mahal bro. Hahaha

Cyril :Still thinking of buying a DSLR.?

Norris :Yup.

Bb :Aku pun suka.

James Kabaq said...

Memang stail bro... suka2...

AmirFX said...

Vote for gambar nomor satu... Klasik jak upanya... Two thumbs up!

manglish said...

i love B&W photos.......very much...ever think of doing a series of that? your "Nike" photo is still in my mind somewhere...

Ms Tikot said...

Photo nak dekat tanggak ya look so classic...

fonsusz said...

i mean cropkan gambar 2 org tua ya ja...i like their expression.....

SJB aka SUELYN J-B. said...

I like the 1st photo. Remind me my mom kampung.

Willie a.k.a Reptoz said...

Jam Thanks.

Amirfx ada voting indah...hahaha

Manglish :I love B&w too.

MsTikot :Best kan?

Fonsusz :mun mok crop kedak ya, i need at least camera yg ada 18mp.

SJB Oh really?