16 December 2017

The Test Of Bravery

I'm not sure about others, but I think everyone fears something right? Some people joke about it when I told them I'm scared of flying but it only came after 2004, due to near crash landing in Singapore. The experience took out the bravery out of me and replaced it with a phobia. Since then, I swore I would never board a plane anymore.  


Despite the oath I made to myself, I boarded a plane to Kota Kinabalu in December 2009 (5 years later) for a family vacation. The flying wasn't a good experience because I was terrified. Throughout the flight, I hold my wife's hands tightly and sweat a bit. I thought my phobia was long gone, but it's still there. 

In December 2014 (5 years later) I once again had to fly to Sibu, an unexpected journey due to work instruction. I was very upset to receive the news and just as I expected, despite arriving home safely by plane, I still couldn't get rid of the fear. Given a choice, I would have been there by bus. 


The recent flying experience I had was on the 4th and 9th December 2017 for a family vacation. The trip was not planned. But my son insisted we go to Kuala Lumpur because he wanted to see it. So, I thought I'm going to be fine. I tried to be brave and I took travel sickness pill, thinking that it will help me to sleep while flying. I was wrong again, my heartbeat was beating fast and I became very anxious  and restless. My legs were almost cramped. I was awake throughout the 1 hour and 40 minutes journey on air. It became a terrifying experience for me. 


To tell you the truth, I have no idea when this will end. But I'm not going to write about it anymore because digging that experience from my mind is already hard and emotional disturbing. To those who do not have this kind of fear, consider yourself as lucky. 

Logging off.
9.50 AM
16.12.2017

5 Messages:

Irene aka Sweet Surrender said...

Hohoho... Merry Christmas!!

Irene aka Sweet Surrender said...

Thanks for sharing your fear. It's rally not easy with such experience. Surely will be haunt for life. Anyway, you are back here now safe and sound and posting in this blog ;)

Willie a.k.a Reptoz said...

Hi Irene. Merry Christmas to u. Glad that i am safe. Hahaha

rainfield61 said...

Merry Christmas after being safe.

Willie a.k.a Reptoz said...

Thanks Rainfield.