18 August 2010

Are we excited about little things in life?

It seems to me that most adults are less appreciative and excited about little things in live as they progress in age. People whom I know today are more keen into money making activities and tend to live a dull life. Probably the reason would be they have more important matters to attend. Ask some of the teachers in my school, whether they would like to join any students activities for fun, such as scrabble competition, computer games and you will hear them saying "Hell no! It's a waste of time" .

It's different for me. I enjoy teaching kids because they are always excited about little things that I ask them to do. If I give them sweets in class, they will jump for joy and run to me asking for them. If I ask them to draw a simple cartoon, they will finish it on time and laugh about it, and if I ask them to cut papers, they will happily cut them for me. Try giving adults sweets, ask them to play a treasure hunt game, or draw a cartoon? How would they respond? Now look at our students below on how excited they were seeing new and little thing...
The neat and tight circle showed that they were really interested and eager in something. But what was it?
The students were giving their 100% attention to the things that they were watching. I'm sure they were excited about it.
Even the female students gave their undivided attention to what was going on. But what was it? it was ....
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

A demo by Firefighters. The teachers were invited to watch this demo, but less than five teachers came and they stayed there for less than ten minutes since they preferred to sit back and enjoy the air-cond. in the staffroom. As official duty is concerned, all the subject teachers should be there until the demo ended to ensure the safety of their respective students.

See? Young people are always excited about little things like this. Am I right? Hahaha!

13 Messages:

CathJ said...

100% right... But I am seeing some changes in the new generations of the young 1.. negative side.. but I believe.. not all of them are like that.. :)

AmirFX said...

Time gik nemiak nang semuanya boleh menghiburkan.. Gik teringat juak dolok salu ada org molah meijik2 sambil sidak jual brg k molah meijik.. Nang kagum tahap dewa lah time ya...

Khairul Onggon said...

Mena kata entry u tuk Willie.. lebih2 gik yg nak pencen, byk "menumpang" jak dari bekerja sungguh2.. hehehe Its reality bah..

mrs shaifull said...

adults mmg cam ya la bro :)

RoseBelle said...

Some people work at places just for the sake of collecting paychecks. I think if you are passionate about what you do, you'll give 110% of your time and effort. That's really sad that the teachers don't participate and engage in school activities.

Faizal n Fashitah said...

100% setuju. Sepatutnya cikgu2 patut perbanyakkan aktiviti kedak tok and patut aktif skali dengan students. Becoz cikgu adalah pengajar. Mun cikgu rajin and bagus,.. anak murid pun akan ikut juak kedak ya.

lina said...

It's hard to get residents at my apartment to even attend demo like that even if its for their own safety.

FBS Headmaster said...

Okay... you made me feel bad cause suddenly after reading your post, I feel like I'm a kid... haha throw me a candy and I'll happy for it.. camping... oh hell yes! haha

Willie a.k.a Reptoz said...

CathJ :Yeah, they have changed. People change right?

amirFx :Benar. Time nembiak dulok, seronok tengok benda yg pelik sedikit.

KaLjis :KEkekeke...no komen la bro.

MrsSahifull :Sik best arrr...

Rosebelle :Yes. It is indeed sad.

Willie a.k.a Reptoz said...

PejaL :Nang benar padah dirik ya.

Lina :Coz they are adults right?

Daniel :BraVo to you daniel!

Norris Thomas said...

biasa la willie...manusia nang kedak ya...makin sidanya senior dalam sesuatu organisasi makinla sidanya mcm dah "boring" nak masuk campur...konon " hal nembiak..kita nangga aja la"....

wenn said...

elderly used to say that they hv seen much.

Ivy Metaga said...

betul2...kmk rasa pun, bila dah berumur sikit ada lah pande berubah2 hahaah..*dah tua ka ooo.. aku tok..:P*