10 June 2010

My Stop at Sri Aman

(People who were with us on the road trip)

As we drove to Sibu, we were excited to stop by Sri Aman. As far as I am concerned, I have been to Sri Aman twice (including this recent trip). I made a phone call to Mr Desmond Jerukan to bring him out for a drink but unfortunately, he was away to Niah, Miri. From my observation, Sri Aman is developing very fast but a bit crowded like my hometown, Serian. The crowd I saw there was probably due to Gawai Dayak celebration.

If in Serian, I heard people talking in Bidayuh language, but in Sri Aman, not only the local speak Iban language, the Chinese can also speak the language. Since I myself is an Iban, I really felt at home though I was in a foreign land. I ate at one of the Chinese shops there but a bit surprised to discover that the Chicken rice food I ordered was not accompanied by a bowl of chicken soup. In Kuching, chicken rice food is always accompanied by a bowl of chicken soup.

As I walked by the river, I saw a beautiful man-made waterfront. I was told that the waterfront is new. I think it is high time that Sri Aman to be developed into an interesting tourist destination, especially when they have "pesta Benak".
(The majestic Chinese temple located near the river)

13 Messages:

rainfield61 said...

You stop now at Sri Aman, you will then stop at another place.

Just keep traveling.

Just be happy.

Have a nice day.

AmirFX said...

Lamak dah sik turun ke Sri Aman ehh.. Enjoy the trip!

Khairul Onggon said...

Gambar no.2 kacak eh.. Lamak juak sik ke Sri Aman.. Sri Aman lah kawasan yg jarang opis kmkorg pergi... :)

Faizal n Fashitah said...

Sri Aman dah ada waterfront duhal. Makin kacak la sia. Lamak dah sik ngabas blog tok hehe.

mrs shaifull said...

bro, pesta benak tu apa? :)

Willie a.k.a Reptoz said...

Rainfield :Yup.

AmirFx :Aku pun.

Kaljis :Thanks. Kenak jarang?

Faizal :Baru jak ada bro.

MrsShaifull :Pesat org nangga ombak di sungai.

Alice Law said...

Oh my... the 2nd photo is so so beautiful, you can probably win some prizes with it! Really nice!

So, you are bidayuh. I have a bidayuh friend and an iban, they are very friendly and helpful!:)

Happy weekend to you!

Joanne Olivieri said...

The temple photo is exquisite. Have a wonderful time.

Travel-Bunny said...

The chinese temple looks so similar with the chinese temple we have at the Sri Aman here!! coincidence much? :p

FBS Headmaster said...

Kirim salam the girl 2nd from right in the 1st picture, hahahahaha! Thanks :D

Anonymous said...

Holiday road trip with the family? Happy weekend :)

Ayie said...

another travel escapade for you, that's good most esp to expose your little boy around

happy weekend willie

SJB aka SUELYN J-B. said...

Picture no 2 - Beautiful :D.