13 May 2010

Can Something Good Comes From Bad Things?

As I walked into a room with a heavy heart, I avoided people who were in the room and I quietly put my bag on the plastic chair and slowly opened my laptop to check my FB.

After 20 minutes, the emcee announced "Those who are still outside the hall, please come in because the service is starting soon". So, I quickly switched off my PC and safely put it into my bag again. Later the priest started to preach and he said...

"Too many people complain because they have problems. But God says, problems exist because we complain too much!"

Oh! It was a pinch on my stomach. Ouch! I think it is true. Sometimes, I complain too much about life. Maybe I should be grateful with what I have in this life.

To recall about how blessed I am, I remembered when I was lecturing in Chermai Jaya College (2000-2003) . After the Ministry of Education stopped giving Chermai Jaya College fund, the college had financial difficulties. It collapsed almost instantly. Our EPF was unpaid, our salary was cut by 15%, and during the management meeting, we were always scolded by our boss.

The staff were afraid of losing their jobs and some had difficulties in applying for loans due to Chermai Jaya bad financial record with the banks. Things were hair wired for all the staff.

The college could not retain. It was ordered to close by the Education Ministry in 2008. Thank goodness that many staff had left the college before that. So, had God closed his eyes to the people who worked there? Had he abandoned his people who were suffering a financial lost there?

The answer is NO! He provided a way out!

Many of my ex-colleagues today are successful people. Many of them applied KPLI (Teaching post in government schools) and they succeeded. Some went overseas to further their studies orwork there and some became successful businessmen.

I was telling myself "Wow! There is always a greater blessing after each bad thing I'm sure problems help to improve ourselves"

(My two ex-colleagues, who left Chermai Jaya College)

Left: Elley Lina is now a manager of her own tuition centre in Gitak. Today, she enjoys her financial freedom. She acts as a part-time unit trust agent and is doing well)

Middle: Sandra Wong is a lecturer is one of the Universities in Singapore. She completed he Masters a few years ago. She was also a lecturer in Swinburne University.

Right: Yeah...that's me. Right after I left Chermai, I actually worked in Amsterdam as an English language trainer to offshore workers. But my boss was in SMTC, Miri.

Hmmm...what is there to complain right?

20 Messages:

Ms Tikot said...

I don't think so... Lamak tunggu... baru dpt berita bgs. hehehe.

Lisa said...

God promised trials, and reliefs.

mNhL said...

i always belived GOD is fair. Glad that your ex-coll and yourself are doing well.

manglish said...

i learn not to complain so much hahaahha it is negative and negativity begets negativity...thanks for a great post...

mrs shaifull said...

yes, betul tu, we complain too much, ok2, now i'll stop complaining.. :) hehhe...

MODERN ROBINSON CRUSOE said...

I think sometimes complaint is to get that negative feeling out of one's chest!! But not overdoing & excessively perhaps?? :-)

Anonymous said...

"All things work for the good of those who trust Him". From God's perspective, there are lessons to be learned and there are good things coming from bad experiences. He can turn bad experiences into something good.

Willie a.k.a Reptoz said...

MsTikot :Tapi yg baik tu masih dtg kan?

OceanGirl :True.

MnHL :Yeah...me too. Thanks.

Manglish :I try not too. I think it always create negative aura. Hahaha

MrsShaifull :Sama la kita.

Rob :I agree with you.

meiTeng :That's my message.

RoseBelle said...

Often times we only remember the bad things that happened to us and not the blessings that we have. Being negative is sooo much easier than being positive. But we must not, although it may be difficult at times, forget how fortunate we are then so many people in the world. As long as we have food on our table, a roof over our heads, and money to pay our bills. We're already living life so much grander than many people who are struggling.

cyrildason said...

u were in Chermai? well, theres a lot to be thnkful for when u think of the less fortunate.

SJB aka SUELYN J-B. said...

That`s why bersyukur lah apa yang ada :D.

Willie a.k.a Reptoz said...

Rosebelle :Yeah. We are considered as better than some people.

Cyril :I was. Hehehe

SJB :Betol tuh.

Anonymous said...

When God closes one door, he will open another. We just have to trust in Him.

Bengbeng said...

would you consider adding me to yr facebbook? i woud like that :) just search for mylongkang.. i am one of a kind

Caroline said...

means we gotta less complain to get better life. :)

thnx for dropping by my blog yea. :)

Willie a.k.a Reptoz said...

Becklee :I like dat.

Bengbeng :sure dude

Carol :You're welcome.

Alice Law said...

(no offence) I'm someone who believe in myself over GOD, I'm blessed with who I am and work hard on what I'm going to be! I don't depend much on 'lucks' though, I reckon my 'luck' will only come to me when I have put some efforts on something I want to achieve! However I like what your priest said...lol, minds over matter, he must be a funny guy to hang out with!^-^

Happy weekend to you!

Alice Law said...

E herm... I meant a "fun" guy!;)

Willie a.k.a Reptoz said...

AliceLaw :He is...Hahaha

lvynana said...

Pray..and always believe in GOD.