28 January 2010

The Sufferings of Haitians

Reading news about the earthquake in Haiti really makes me feel stressful. I can feel their pains, their losses and their sufferings. I should thank God that we do not have this kind of catastrophe in Malaysia.

I am helpless to help them. The least I can do is to pray for their speedy recovery and safety. I do not want to question God on this, but I do hope that the Haitians will continue to put their trust in God for salvation.

The involvement of United Nation on this should be commended. I respect and thank those volunteers who are willing to live among corpses and work day and night to assist the earthquake victims. I myself, do not have the courage like these volunteers who really go there and help.

Looking at the sad faces of these victims crushes my heart. I know they are now thinking of where to live? what to wear? what to eat and drink? how to treat their wounds? where are their relatives, family members and friends?. And the worst question will be "Will I live until tomorrow?"

My body aches and my mind is always carried away by the thought for these Haitians. When I drink coffee early morning, I feel guilty for these people. I live peacefully in my country and yet, there are people out there crying for help.

Forget about the fact that they are of different nations, races, religions and cultures, but they are of the same species, a human race like us. They have the rights to live and to live peacefully.

My call for all people around the world, let us continue to pray for them. Put them in your prayer , be it in your personal prayer, in your churches and in your family. Who knows, we might be the next victims of violent earth.

9 Messages:

Unknown said...

such saddening incident, huh?.. my prayer goes to them Haitian.

Unknown said...

Everytime I read about disaster or war..my heart always 'dup dap dup dap'..I can feel the pain by looking on their face, their eyes lost of hope and I feel grateful for what I have now. Let us join in prayer for them..

rainfield61 said...

The pictures speak everything, and forever be my pain as well.

Willie a.k.a Reptoz said...

DeeLoner > Let us pray

CalVB > Thanks

Rainfield> It is sad to see them suffer.

Bengbeng said...

the beauty is that the world community was so quick to chip in to help so the world is not such a bad world after all :)

RoseBelle said...

This pastor made a remark about the devastation in Haiti that the Haitians made a pact with the devil 800 years ago and their recent earthquake was a work of the devil. People were shocked and disgusted by his remark. How can one look into the suffering of the Haitian people and point the finger to them and say such things? Haiti definitely need as much support as people. I hope people will pull through and help them recover from this horrible disaster.

Willie a.k.a Reptoz said...

BengBeng > Yup.

RoseBelle > I believe that is not true. Saint Paul once said in the bible, that such disaster does not mean that their sins are greater than ours. every person is vulnerable to such incident.

manglish said...

yea it is sad when disaster strikes....kinda always remind us that life is so random, let's live in today and hope for a better tomorrow

MJ said...

sad pictures...sad post...but nature cant be stop...